Advanced VX 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope and Revolution Imager R2. Sky& Telescope magazine Hot Product 2017. One of the best values in amateur astronomy today! See what you've been missing, and save $100!
Advanced VX 9.25” SCT is an excellent choice for intermediate level astroimagers looking to gather 33% more light than our 8” telescope, but without the added weight of our 11” optical tube. No single piece of this kit weighs more than 20 lbs, making it easy for one person to transport and assemble. This f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope features Celestron’s StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission and a 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 9.25” (235mm) f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 33% more light gathering than a 8” telescope without the weight of the 11” optical tube
- 6x30 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)The Revolution Imager includes a portable, battery powered 7" monitor. This allows you get up and running straight away no matter where you are without the added hassle of using a computer! No drivers, no unexpected updates and no crashes. The monitor makes the Revolution Imager a great outreach device too, making it easy to share the wonder of faint deep sky objects with everyone.
Everything included (including the universe)
The Revolution Imager includes everything you need to get up-and-running and get the most out of your existing telescope. Included are:
- Portable 7" LCD monitor.
- 12v Li-Ion Battery with charger to run both the camera and LCD screen.
- 0.5x Focal Reducer to dramatically widen the field of view.
- UV/IR filter.
- Hand-held remote control to control the camera.
- Shock-proof carry case.
- All required cables.