For a Limited Time Save$100 on Revolution Imager R2
with your New Evolution 8 EdgeHD
The Celestron NexStar Evolution continues to evolve. Celestron has coupled their finest optics with their finest technology to create an exceptionally flexible and portable telescope system. Now you can experience innovative EdgeHD optics and StarSense AutoAlign on the highly esteemed Evolution Alt-Az mount and control it all through your preferred smartphone or tablet with the SkyPortal app.
The Celestron NexStar Evolution 8" now comes with StarSense AutoAlign for automatic go-to alignment when you tap "Connect and Align." Observing, astrophotography, and instant wireless alignment are all wrapped up in a compact yet mechanically sound package. Celestron has never offered a more proficient, user-friendly, observation-ready system before.
When the NexStar Evolution was first presented, it coupled two of Celestron's most highly renowned innovations, Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes and computerized go-to optics, in a condensed single fork arm mount. Over time, the technology and optics have continued to progress. Technology-wise, they added StarSense AutoAlign as well as WiFi control with their new SkyPortal app to their go-to telescope systems. On the optics end, EdgeHD flat-field and coma-free astro-imaging systems were created to suit contemporary imaging cameras of all kinds, specifically larger format CCD and DSLRs. The 8" NexStar Evolution EdgeHD is a compact, user-friendly telescope that is entirely capable for both observing as well as astro-imaging.
StarSense AutoAlign with SkyPortal App
Celestron has added StarSense AutoAlign technology to their SkyPortal app, making it the leading telescope control app on the market. Beyond automatic alignment with your smart device, StarSense also features advanced mount modeling, allowing up to 10 alignment points to be configured for the most meticulous pointing accuracy attainable. Even the most experienced telescope operators will enjoy using StarSense via the SkyPortal app. This inexpensive accessory replaces costlier software typically needed for advanced mount modeling.
Adapts Well for Astro-Imaging and Visual Astronomy
For those who want to get their feet wet with astrophotography, the Celestron 8" NexStar Evolution EdgeHD is an ideal way to do so. It's the most affordable fork arm mounted telescope to offer brass worm gears as well as enhanced motors. The NexStar Evolution 8 provides excellent tracking to go with flat-field, coma-free EdgeHD optics. Simply attach your DSLR to capture stunning images of deep sky objects such as the Orion Nebula. As you get more experienced in the field of astro-imaging, you can supplement your setup with a wedge to attain longer exposures for more intricate images.
Certainly the NexStar Evolution's EdgeHD optical system provides brilliant, crisp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings - an excellent choice for both visual users and beginning astrophotographers.
The Celestron NexStar Evolution sports four auxiliary ports - two on the top of the fork and two on the bottom. Despite the SkyPortal app rendering it unnecessary, a StarSense hand control is still included. This telescope package also comes with a StarPointer Pro finder, two 1.25" Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25" star diagonal, and an international AC adapter.
More About the Free SkyPortal App
The Celestron SkyPortal app gives you an interactive planetarium right on your smart device for an incredible stargazing adventure. For instance, you can view Jupiter's Great Red Spot, or you can choose from an abundance of deep sky objects such as galaxies and nebulae. SkyPortal provides educational information about these targets with descriptive backstories and magnificent image galleries. After learning about them, you can view them for yourself through the 8" NexStar!
- EdgeHD optics provide exceptional flat-field, coma-free visual and astro-imaging performance.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with power sufficient for 10 hours of nonstop observing.
- Integrated WiFi capability means you can simply use your smartphone or table to control the telescope. No hand controller necessary!
- StarSense Auto Align instantly aligns your telescope and cooperates with SkyPortal for total wireless control.
- Works with Fastar and Hyperstar. Capture deep sky targets in seconds at f/2, frequently removing the need for an autoguider or wedge.
- The NexStar Evolution Mount is loaded with useful features such as manual release clutches and precision machined worm gears for both axes, USB charge port, accessory tray lighting, and more.
- Following automatic alignment with StarSense, simply tap your smart device to choose and go to your desired object.
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 8" (203.2 mm)
- Focal Length: 1500 mm
- Eyepiece Magnification: 40 mm Plossl - 38x; 12.5 mm Plossl - 150x
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro (Includes 3V CR2032 lithium button battery)
- Star Diagonal: 1.25"
- Mount Type: Single fork arm altazimuth
- Tripod: Stainless steel
- Power Requirements: Internal battery included
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution: Rayleigh - 0.59 arc seconds; Dawes Limit - 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (compared to the naked eye): 843x
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 16"
- Total Telescope System Weight: 40.6 lbs.
- Max Slew Speed: 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, solar, lunar
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Communcation Ports: 1 hand control and 3 auxiliary ports for optional accessories
- International Plugs with AC Adapter: US, UK, EU, AU
- App Database: Over 120,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- USB Charge Port: Yes