Advanced VX 8" EdgeHD Telescope and Revolution Imager R2. Sky& Telescope magazine Hot Product. One of the best values in amateur astronomy today! See what you've been missing, and save $150!
Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD: truly the ultimate entry-level astroimaging package. This package combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron’s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astroimager maximum versatility – allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer (coming soon) and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor.
With an 8-inch optical tube and our portable Advanced VX mount, this setup can be easily transported and assembled by one person. You’ll also have plenty of load capacity to attach your camera and other accessories. This setup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but can also provide years of enjoyment for sophisticated astroimagers.
About the Mount
The new Advanced VX mount was specifically designed to provide optimum imaging performance for smaller telescopes. Now your smaller telescope can take advantage of All-Star Polar Alignment and autoguider support. You’ll be able to track through long exposures using permanently programmable periodic error correction. Image across the meridian without doing a meridian flip, so you can seamlessly image the best part of night sky. Advanced VX features significantly larger base castings than our previous design, improving stability under heavier loads. Improved motors offer more torque and can handle slight load imbalances with ease.
- 8” (2032mm) f/10 Edge HD includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Edge HD optical design fully corrects for coma and field curvature, delivering a truly flat field
- Built-in tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filters allow hot air to be released behind the primary mirror
- Fastar compatible tube comes with removable secondary mirror for fast f/2.8 imaging
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
- The Revolution Imager includes a portable, battery powered 7" monitor. This allows you get up and running straight away no matter where you are without the added hassle of using a computer! No drivers, no unexpected updates and no crashes. The monitor makes the Revolution Imager a great outreach device too, making it easy to share the wonder of faint deep sky objects with everyone.
Everything included (including the universe)
The Revolution Imager includes everything you need to get up-and-running and get the most out of your existing telescope. Included are:
- Portable 7" LCD monitor.
- 12v Li-Ion Battery with charger to run both the camera and LCD screen.
- 0.5x Focal Reducer to dramatically widen the field of view.
- UV/IR filter.
- Hand-held remote control to control the camera.
- Shock-proof carry case.
- All required cables.