NexStar 4SE Computerized Telescope - 11049
+ Deluxe eyepiece and filter kit
Free US Shipping!
Celestron’s signature orange-tube telescope combines advanced features and excellent optics in one easy-to-use system, the NexStar 4SE. It’s the perfect choice for your first serious telescope, offering striking views at an economical price.
Our Founder’s Vision, Reimagined for the 21st Century
In the 1970s, Celestron’s Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes brought the hobby of astronomy to the masses and established Celestron as the world’s premier telescope maker. Our founder, Tom Johnson, invented Celestron’s proprietary method of producing Schmidt corrector plates for superior views and maximum portability. Johnson believed in creating high-quality optical instruments at an affordable price, and inspired a generation of amateur astronomers.
Four decades later, we’ve improved upon this design by adding cutting-edge features, while staying true to our founder’s intent.
View the Universe’s Most Impressive Celestial Objects
The 4SE’s four-inch primary mirror packs enough light-gathering ability to observe the best that the solar system has to offer: Saturn’s rings, the cloud bands on Jupiter, and geographic features on the surface of the Moon. When it comes to deep sky objects, take your 4SE to a dark-sky site and you’ll see hundreds of pinpoint stars in the Hercules Globular Cluster, the spiral arms of the Whirlpool Galaxy, and more.
Revolutionary Single Fork Arm Mount
We know the best telescope is the one you will use most often. That’s why Celestron’s engineers created NexStar SE’s unique, patented single fork arm mount. It’s perfectly portable and makes setup quick and easy. What’s more, the NexStar SE breaks down into several lightweight and compact pieces, making it easy to transport, even in small vehicles. You’ll have no problem getting the NexStar SE to your favorite observing site, or setting it up quickly in your backyard.
Of course, it’s what’s inside the mount that really counts. Sturdy construction from high-quality components give NexStar SE the pointing and tracking accuracy needed to observe and follow your favorite targets with push-button ease. Use the included NexStar+ hand control to locate over 40,000 celestial objects, or take a Sky Tour and let your telescope show you the best objects currently visible.
Aligning your telescope is simple and painless, too, thanks to SkyAlign. This process makes alignment as easy as 1-2-3: just center three bright objects in your eyepiece and press ALIGN. For even easier alignment, attach our StarSense AutoAlign and your NexStar SE aligns itself!
Advanced Features Let the NexStar SE Grow with You
The NexStar SE is compatible with all the high-tech accessories advanced users love. Provide GPS coordinates to your telescope with SkySync, or add automatic alignment functionality with StarSense AutoAlign.
Deluxe eyepiece kit:
- This nine-piece 1.25 inch astronomy accessory kit let you get the most out and enhances the performance of your telescope.
- It contains 6mm/12.5mm/ 20mm plossl eyepiece, a 2x barlow lens/ T adapter, a moon filter, three color planetary filters(Red, Blue, Yellow), a Chamois cloth and a handy aluminum case.
- 6mm 12.5mm, 20mm Plossl eyepieces ——for different power planetary and lunar observation broad-field lunar observations, star clusters, and a wide range of cloudy nebulas and deep-sky targets in any telescope.
- 2X Barlow lens —— A visual Barlow, doubles the magnification of any inserted 1.25 inch eyepiece, A prime focus T-adapter for attaching a DSLR camera. With the T2 threads (M42x0.75), you can attach a T-ring for astronomy photography. A tele-extender for increasing the focal length of the telescope when attaching a DSLR camera.
- Moon filter —— helps to dim the bright light from the Moon, making it more comfortable to view so you can see more detail and surface features. 3 color planetary filters —— The three color filters (Red, Blue ＆ Yellow) highlight features on Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. They are an essential tool of the lunar and planetary observer, for filters permit the observation and photography of surface detail that is often virtually invisible without filtration.