- Heater ring provides the most efficient heating directly to the corrector lens to prevent the formation of dew
- Permanently mounts to your existing telescope tube for a seamless look—plus, you’ll never forget to bring it with you
- Integrated thermistor continuously monitors the temperature of the corrector lens when used with the Celestron Smart DewHeater Controllers.
- Rigid, lightweight, and durable aluminum construction
- Included storage clip and cable management clip keep your cables organized
The Celestron Dew Heater Ring is the ideal dew prevention solution for your Celestron telescope. This must-have accessory will improve your observing or imaging nights year-round. The Dew Heater Ring permanently mounts to your 8" Celestron Schmidt-Cassegrain, EdgeHD, and RASA optical tube, replacing your retaining ring, so you'll never be caught without it. The installation process is quick and easy (follow the manual for instructions).
How it works
The Dew Heater Ring replaces the plastic retaining ring on your Schmidt corrector lens for efficient heating across the lens. The ring is constructed of lightweight, durable aluminum. Its rigid frame supports the cable circuity and the telescope's Schmidt corrector lens. Unlike other heating bands or strips that inefficiently heat the lens cell to warm the glass, the Celestron Dew Heater Ring heats the corrector glass directly, providing the most efficient transfer of heat to prevent dew formation.
Simply plug the ring into an external 12V DC power source for consistent, continuous heat that will prevent dew from forming even under heavy dew conditions. The Dew Heater Ring features two storage clips to keep the power and thermistor jacks secure when not in use while accommodating the telescope's dust cover.
The Dew Heater Ring also comes with a cable management clip that connects to the telescope's front cell. Corral the power and thermistor jack to prevent them from dangling and reduce unwanted pulls on the cable connection to the rings.
The Dew Heater Ring comes complete with:
- Dew Heater Ring
- Cable management clip
- Power jack extension cable
- Paper installation shield