- Feature-packed entry-level biological microscope at an economical price
- 10x eyepiece and 4x, 10x, and 40x objective lenses combine to provide powers of 40x, 100x, and 400x
- Fully coated glass optics
- All-metal body with monocular head
- 50 mm (2") mirror provides illumination to make details of specimen slides easier to see
- Basic condenser concentrates light onto the specimen
- 5-position disc diaphragm
- Coarse and fine focus knobs
- Five prepared slides included
- Adjustable arm (0° to 60°) for comfortable viewing
The Celestron 400x Laboratory Biological Microscope is an all-metal bodied microscope with fully coated glass optics and advanced features usually offered on only higher priced microscopes, like a basic condenser and 5-position disc diaphragm. With both coarse and fine focus knobs, 3 objective lenses, an adjustable head (0° to 60°), and 5 specimen slides, it’s a great entry-level microscope that will last for years.
A condenser concentrates and focuses light when using high-power objective lenses. Since these lenses tend to have very small apertures, a condenser combined with an iris diaphragm provides increased illumination and resolution. You can easily adjust brightness, contrast, depth of field, and evenness of illumination on your specimen.