- Using real-time data, the controller provides just enough heat to prevent dew from forming, prolonging battery life
- “Smart control” system monitors ambient temperature and humidity and adjusts power to the dew heaters automatically
- Compatible with Celestron Dew Heater Rings and third-party heating bands or straps (with thermistor accessory)
- Supports up to two dew heaters plus one additional 12V DC device, such as your mount
- Works with your Celestron telescope’s hand control or CPWI telescope control software so you can view data and make manual adjustments
- Mounts securely to your telescope's dovetail or tripod leg
- Durable metal housing features an integrated cooling fan to protect the controller’s electronics
Work smarter, not harder, when it comes to combating dew. The Smart DewHeater and Controller 2x prolongs your battery life by optimizing power usage for up to two dew heaters. The controller gathers and analyzes information in real time to warm your optics just enough to prevent dew.
The Smart DewHeater and Controller comes with two ports to control two dew heaters at once. You can use one port to heat your optical tube while the other warms a second optical tube, a guide scope, an eyepiece, or another accessory. The controller also features an additional 12V DC output port so you can power another 12V DC device, such as your mount.
The Smart DewHeater and Controller works seamlessly with Celestron’s Dew Heater Rings, which have a built-in thermistor to provide temperature readings of the corrector lens. Third-party dew heater bands or straps are also compatible; you simply need to add Celestron's Thermistor for Smart DewHeater Controllers (sold separately).
Smart DewHeater and Controller 2x comes complete with:
- Smart DewHeater and Controller 2x
- Tripod leg strap
- Controller power cable
- Power cable for external 12V DC device
- AUX cable for connecting to Celestron mounts
- Thermistor extension cable to attach to Celestron’s Dew Heater Ring