The 700 Maksutov-Cassegrain Advanced VX (AVX) telescope (Advanced VX 700 Mak) is a specialized instrument designed for detailed, high contrast views that sets a standard in mid-level telescopes. With its Maksutov-Cassegrain optical tube and the sturdy Advanced VX equatorial mount and tripod, this kit provides unparalleled views of the planets and up-close views of the lunar surface, including craters and maria.
Astronomers located in urban areas will especially appreciate the Mak’s ability to bring out more contrast in celestial objects. But since the entire kit disassembles into separate, lightweight, and manageable pieces, it’s also a great choice for transporting to dark sky sites.
- 700 Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope with f/15 focal ratio provides high contrast views of the planets and lunar landscapes, perfect for serious planetary imagers and visual observers.
- Celestron’s premium StarBright XLT coatings ensure maximum light transmission.
- Advanced VX, the most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts, offers a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb with the same rigidity as our larger mounts and minimal flexure.
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more.
- Dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail. Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Accessories included: 2” Visual Back, 2” Star Diagonal with 1.25” adapter, 28mm eyepiece (2”), 8x50 finderscope.