This kit combines the 8” Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) with the strong-yet-portable Advanced VX (AVX) German equatorial mount. Simply add a mirrorless camera and this package offers everything you need to take spectacular images of wide-field deep sky objects.
- Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Optical Design – 8” f/2.2 flat field imaging system with rare-earth glass for outstanding images free of optical defects like field curvature, coma, astigmatism and chromatic aberration across an entire APS-C sensor.
- Unlike the larger RASAs that work with DSLR and large CCD cameras, the 8” model was designed with color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras in mind. The astrograph does not work with standard DSLR cameras.
- Ultra-Stable Focus System – precision linear ball bearing virtually eliminates image shift.
- Integrated air-cooling system –12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal air flow while filtering out dust.
- Internal filter mount – seamlessly accommodates a Light Pollution Imaging Filter into the optical path.
- Performs over a wider spectral range than most telescopes, from 390-800 nm, so more of the light passing through the astrograph is in sharp focus.
- Advanced VX, the most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts, offers a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb with the same rigidity as our larger mounts and minimal flexure.
- This mount offers every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more.
- Dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail. Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Accessories included: M42 camera adapter, C-thread camera adapter, and fan battery pack.